Los Angeles, CA – May 31, 2018 – Wedbush Securities, a leading financial services and investment banking firm headquartered in Los Angeles, California, today announced the appointment of Rich Jablonski and Gary Wedbush as Co-Presidents of the Firm, together responsible for all aspects of Wedbush Securities’ management and the strategic direction, development, and growth of all client services.
• In 1955 Edward “Ed” Wedbush, with friend Robert Werner, and $5,000 of capital each, founded the firm and over the next six decades has served as its President. Under Ed’s leadership and his unwavering dedication to its clients, the firm has grown independently to over $310 million in retained earnings, nearly 1,000 colleagues and over 100,000 clients. Previous to their new roles, Rich Jablonski was Executive Vice President, COO, and Head of Futures, Securities Finance and Rates, and Prime Brokerage; Gary Wedbush was Executive Vice President and Head of Capital Markets and Correspondent Services. Both serve on the firm’s Management and Executive Committees.
• Edward Wedbush, Founder and Chairman of WEDBUSH, Inc., said: “I am pleased to announce Rich and Gary’s appointment as Co-Presidents of our firm. I have given much serious thought about this very important and natural advancement for Wedbush Securities, for my own career, and for the many valued services for which our clients depend on our company.” Ed further states, “I’m confident that Gary and Rich are ready and able to take on this tremendous challenge and responsibility. I will remain available to them as a mentor to ensure a successful and stable transition.”
• Eric Wedbush, Chairman of Wedbush Securities adds “Management succession planning is a high priority for the Board of Directors, and we know the firm’s senior leaders well through substantial interaction with them. Both Gary and Rich possess the necessary leadership capability, intellect, and character for their new roles. Both have track records of working successfully across the firm, having taken on firm-wide responsibilities in addition to their management of specific business areas.”
• Rich Jablonski said, “As an independent, non-bank financial firm offering a diversified set of services across multiple asset classes, Wedbush is uniquely positioned in our industry and for our clients and is poised for significant growth. It is a serious privilege and responsibility to be named Co-President of an institution with such extraordinary opportunities and I look forward to partnering with Gary to drive those firm-wide opportunities.”
• Gary Wedbush added, “I am deeply honored and humbled to be given this responsibility, and I am committed to our clients, colleagues, and shareholders, to building on the firm’s exceptional success. Rich and I work very closely together already, and I’m fortunate to have such a talented and trusted partner—and we couldn’t have asked for a better mentor than our Founder, Ed Wedbush.”
# # #
Since our founding in 1955, Wedbush has been a leader in the financial services industry providing our clients, both private and institutional, with a wide range of securities brokerage, wealth management, and investment banking services; Headquartered in Los Angeles, California with 100 registered offices and nearly 1,000 colleagues, the firm focuses on client service and financial safety, innovation, and the utilization of advanced technology.
Follow us on Twitter @Wedbush